The Air Cadet League of Canada has entered into an agreement with Sterling Talent Solutions to provide an online (Criminal Record Check) or the Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC) application process.
BC is the first Province across Canada to implement the “MyBackcheck” procedure. Please note that all ACLC Provincial Committees will be using this new system within the next 6 months.
“MyBackcheck” is now the primary E-PIC provider for the Air Cadet League of Canada. We encourage all SSC’s to begin using this now so that everyone will be on board by the 31st of December 2017.
The cost per E-PIC is $26 + tax.
- You can apply for this in the comfort of your own home or office (NO MORE running back and forth to the local Police detachment, no more taking time off to get your E-PIC done)
- It is completely secure.
- You own the E-PIC and can share with other organizations
- E-PIC is sent directly to the BCPC Office
- BCPC will advise the SSC Chair that the E-PIC has been received by the BCPC office.
VSS (Vulnerable Sector Screening): As of September 1 , 2017 Air Cadet League volunteers (to include SSC volunteers) will NO LONGER be required to provide a VSS.
Below are the instructions on how to log in and obtain a E-PIC through Sterling Talent Solutions:
- Visit http://www.sterlingtalentsolutions.ca/aircadetleague and select a province from the list of provinces provided. Select a location from the list provided.
- You will need to register for a myBackCheck account and create a username and password.
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation of registration e-mail from myBackCheck.com. Open it and click on the web link to activate your myBackCheck.com account.
- Type in your username and password to log in. Once logged in click on the ‘Inbox’ tab at the top of the page to find your Invitation.
- Click on the Air Cadet League of Canada Invitation, which will allow you to click ‘Accept and Continue’ to move forward with your check.
- Continue with the steps and pay online by credit card ($26 plus tax).
- After the purchase is complete, click on “my Account” and then click ‘Continue’ to proceed with the criminal record check.
- Enter your identity information.
- Disclose any criminal records. These details will be used by the police department to verify any potential record you may have, so remember to be as accurate as possible.
- Review the Term and Conditions.
- Verify your ID online, or if you do not pass the ID online process, print the Canada Post ID Verification Form and take it to your nearest participating Canada Post location to have your IDs verified and submitted to myBackCheck.com. No money needs to be given to the Canada Post representative, as this payment is included in the initial fee through the myBackCheck.com site.
That is it! Results of your check will be processed and the results released within one business day. Your results are automatically shared with the Air Cadet League of Canada, BC Provincial Committee at the same time that they are released to you.
Should you require any assistance you can contact “MyBackCheck support team” at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1.877.455.6730 for any questions.